Wednesday, November 04, 2009

rotting my brain

I'm all caught up watching Mad Men, finally, except for last Sunday's episode. Now I may continue to have informed opinions about the show.

I did watch the new "V" mini-series last night. Eh, I say. It would be easier if I liked, or identified with, any of the characters. I also haven't seen the original since it first aired, but I still remember certain scenes vividly. My hopes might be too high (unrealistic) for this new version. However I don't remember them throwing around the words "terrorist/sleeper cell" quite so frequently which felt so strained. I can imagine the staff sitting around saying, hey, how can we make this more relevant?

While we're on the subject, I do have a show recommendation. I've just started watching "Jeeves & Wooster" starring a young Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry. Not surprisingly, it's hilarious. I'm not sure how I never heard of it before.

Last night, before the sun set too early, I engaged in some much needed raking and sweeping of leaves. I filled up half our yard waste bin. Very exciting.

It's a bright day now, full of clouds and promise and caffeine. Toodles.

No comments: