Friday, July 20, 2007

bang, smash, yum

After work last night I walked over to Jer's parking structure so I could get a ride. As we drove through downtown, we passed a bus attempting a right turn. Next to a Jaguar. Cutting it a little close. The next thing we heard was metal tearing metal -- a very sad sound -- but we couldn't see much. After a minute, the bus driver made everyone leave the bus and we drove on. I have nightmares about things like that; I am uncomfortable driving large vehicles -- and a Jaguar of all things! I don't even park my little, inexpensive, no frills car on the street downtown. Ugh.

We ended up at the Royal India Grill, which was excellent. Jer and I shared 2 vegetable samosas, chicken vindaloo with basmati rice, and garlic naan. It was the perfect amount of food and extremely tasty. I can't wait to go back and try their lunch buffet.

Later I fell asleep on the couch reading about millionaire women. When Jer woke me, I had no idea where I was. It was the strangest experience. I asked him if it was time go, I think, because I was pretty sure my parents were still visiting and we needed to drive them downtown. I've never been so disoriented. I wasn't even completely sure who I was or that I was in the right apartment. Have you ever experienced anything like that?

No comments: