Saturday, July 28, 2007

Simmering Saturday

It's the nicest day outside, just the right amount of sun, blue sky, and breeze. I rode the water taxi downtown to meet my trainer, worked out, rode back, and then Jer and I went to a lunch buffet at the Royal India Grill. For only $6.95 they had a large assortment of curries, naan, and even vegetable samosas. Very tasty.

After eating more food than necessary, we walked to Hiawatha Park to see their tennis courts, wading pool, and play sets. The weather reminded me of Santa Barbara, and strolling through the trees in the park cemented that deja vu feeling. Jer and I took turns shoving each other off the path, just like in the old days. Awwww.

Then I broke my spending moratorium and bought a corned beef brisket. It's in the crock pot right this instant, simmering in beer. Last week I bought some sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, rye bread, and Thousand Island dressing, so we'll be having Reubens later.

On the way back, we stopped to get iced mochas and the barista told us a sad tale about getting hit by a car earlier. She was limping and still in distress. I hope it works out for her; she makes excellent mochas.

No comments: