Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I Hate UPS

I am back. Did you miss me?

I went to UPS this morning. I do not like UPS because something always goes wrong when I deal with UPS. For example:

  • They deliver boxes to the wrong place and then blame you. (See Tasty Bite incident of April 2007)
  • They can't manage to take items off the truck and hold them when I request it and they confirm it will happen.
  • They only ever have 1-2 people working the counter so it takes a half hour, minimum, to pick up a package.
  • Their office is dirty. Or maybe it's clean. Hard to tell when everything is brown and sad.
  • Even though the tracking slip says they'll leave my package if I sign the back, they never do.
  • They are only open Monday through Friday.
  • They waste my time.
So... okay. You get the point. Me equals no love for the boys (and girls) in brown. (Unless you are one, then I'm sure you're the exception I haven't met yet. I would probably like you very much.)

This morning I went to pick up a package they'd tried to deliver last night around 7:30pm. I was at Pegasus Pizza, so I came home to a slip. There was no name on the slip, just a scrawled apartment number. It could've been Jer's package or my package or for a different building, you think they might have written a name?

Anyway, this morning I went to pick up my package. I timed it to fit in nicely with taking my parents to the airport, but I forgot that when you go to UPS, multiply how long you think it will be by 5. The man disappeared in the back for 15 minutes, after I'd been waiting for him to finish with his 1 customer for 10 minutes. While he was in the back, other customers came and went with packages, but when he finally emerged from the bowels of the warehouse, no package for me. They forgot to remove it from the truck, he said. So I was late to pick up my parents (and I have to go back again, argh), which was okay because there wasn't any traffic. But I was still angry after I dropped them off at the airport, so I decided to finally go clothes shopping.

This is kind of a big deal. I haven't been clothes shopping in a looooong time, but since I'm down to 1-2 pairs of work pants and one of those just lost a button, I'd say it's time. Also, I'm down a couple sizes and all the old stuff fits badly.

In the end I came away with two big bags of clothes -- some for work, some for play, and some for the gym. I could use a new pair of shoes and some socks, but hey one step at a time.

That is my story. I hope your experiences with UPS are superior to mine. And also, yay, clothes.

No comments: