Thursday, July 12, 2007

On a Jet Plane

My parents are in the air, about two hours away. I've just finished a mug of Bailey's and coffee -- E-Z on the Bailey's -- and am contemplating what cleaning I can manage before they arrive. Also, I'm printing out directions, which is silly because Jer bought a Garmin Nuvi 350 Pocket Vehicle GPS Navigator that arrived yesterday but I don't know how to use it yet.

I am a Luddite at heart.

There are roughly two thousand beer bottles that need to be taken downstairs for recycling (okay, 25) and a load of dishes to run through the washer, maybe some vacuuming, but that can probably slide. It's cooler than it was yesterday -- not over 90 yet -- and the cats are hiding in a closet somewhere.

But hey, I'm not at work! It's a Thursday and I don't have FrameMaker open. And I'm wearing shorts, not slacks. And I'm going on a Harbor Tour today!

Maybe I should have another Bailey's and coffee to celebrate.

3 comments:

KikiRiki said...

Wait and get a Manny's on the boat. Up the bar sales....remember? :)

Lily said...

Hi to your folks. And, mmmm, Manny's.

Folly Blaine said...

We did a pretty good job with the bar tab, if I say so myself. Best Harbor Tour ever.