Sunday, July 01, 2007

List Love

I make a lot of lists for the usual reasons -- I would be more than happy to enumerate if you hand me a fresh sheet of paper and a ball point pen. Suffice it to say I enjoy the thrill of a good plan.

Yesterday I made two lists in my composition book. The first was a list of appetizers I might like to make for my parents' visit. The second was a list of activities -- broken down by day -- that my parents might enjoy. Because, you see, I asked my parents for input and they assured me that whatever I want to do will be fine by them and that requires lists, options, pros and cons! Somebody fan me!

Here is a snapshot of the current plan.

Day 1 (after 1pm):

  • Underground Tour
  • Pioneer Square
  • Salumi?
  • Uwajimaya?
  • Elliott Bay Bookstore
  • Harbor Tour?
Day 2:
  • Fremont: Troll, Chocolate Factory, walk around
  • Ballard: Locks
  • Gasworks Park?
  • Woodinville?
Day 3:
  • North Bend: Snoqualmie Falls, pie and coffee, Salish Lodge?
  • Roslyn
Day 4:
  • Brunch at Salty's
  • Monorail
  • Space Needle
  • Pike Place Market
  • Library?
Day 5:
  • WA State Ferry to Bainbridge Island
  • Tourist stuff
Day 6 (before 10am):
  • Breakfast?

Other items on the list:

  • 94 Stewart
  • Tap House Grill
  • Jules Maes Saloon

It's not all settled, but it's a start. And a mighty fine list to boot. Speaking of boots, they will probably want to see the original Nordstrom's store, which originally sold shoes. Or the original Starbuck's with the breasts-exposed mermaid sign, a popular tourist draw. What about the Arboretum? Or Leavenworth?

Oh, bother. I feel another list coming on... the Alternate List of Possible Things To Do with Family in July who Have Never Been to Seattle Before and Think It Rains All the Time.

Stay tuned for exciting list conclusions!

2 comments:

Lily said...

Is that just a cup of coffee in Day 3 or is it a damn fine cup of coffee?

Folly Blaine said...

Oh, you know me too well. It will indeed be a DAMN FINE cup of coffee. And probably a slice of cherry pie.