Sunday, July 08, 2007

Pirates!

Jer and I went to Alki yesterday -- he used rollerblades, I walked -- to see the Seafair Pirates' landing at Alki Beach. It was our first time and it was a beautiful day. The best part was all the kids dressed as pirates, and the huge amount of people that turned out. The worst part was that I never saw a pirate, not really, and the backs of my legs were brutally sunburned -- at least I remembered sunscreen for my face.

Here is my pseudo photo essay of the event:

Two pirates posing on Alki Beach:

Pole vault contest:

Carstar Model:

Pirate skeleton:

Crowd shot:

Potato mascot from an Alki fish and chips restaurant:

Crowd shot with Space Needle in the background (waiting for pirates):

Boy waving his pirate flag, waiting for the pirates to land:

Crowd, still waiting to see the pirates:

Eventually the pirates landed, but there were too many people and not enough pirates. I couldn't see a thing. Oh well. Then we made our way home. The end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha. Your pirates shot looks like it belongs on one of those Captain Morgan's commercials. How rockin' is that!

Folly Blaine said...

Thanks, Carla! I'm so happy to see you posting again. Congratulations on your new position.