Saturday, October 27, 2007

Assorted and mixed

Jer and I saw Spamalot on Thursday at the Paramount Theatre. We sat close and to the side and -- what are the odds -- were seated next to some of his coworkers, one of whom has the same job title as me. In a second strange coincidence, this particular person is also great friends with the woman who used to do my current job. AND was invited to the same party I'd been invited to this weekend. (I already RSVP'd I couldn't make it.)

To that I say, weird.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show. It kept my mind off the twitchy guy in front of me who kept bobbing his head from side-to-side directly in my line of sight, and the guy behind me who kept clearing his throat by way of sucking in air through his nose.

Who pays all sorts of money to sit in the front and then makes snoring/gagging noises for two hours? And he was with people. People who could have given him a tissue! Or a breathe-right strip! Or a ball gag.

In exercise news, I went to spinning class this morning for the second week in a row. This class was especially fun because today was Halloween-themed and one of the two instructors dressed up and tried to scare us throughout the class. I kept an eye on him the entire time, so there would be no unfortunate shrieking on my part. Or peeing of the pants. Not that I would ever...

I should also mention that if you're in the market for a personal trainer, I highly recommend mine. I know he's looking for more clients so I thought I'd give him a shout-out. You can leave a comment or send me an email if you want more information. I've been seeing him twice a week since last March and it's made a HUGE difference in my results.

In the 17 days since I've been married, I've seen my husband awake and alert for all or part of 7 days -- 2 of those because he took vacation days, one to get married and the other to see Spamalot. Or 41 percent of my off hours. The rest of the time he was at work or asleep. In case you were wondering, that kind of sucks monkey ballz.

No comments: