Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Will work for books

I've spent the last two evenings putting my possessions for sale online. Not too many, just dabbling. I haven't sold anything on ebay or half.com since the Great Moving Sale of 2005, and while the process has changed, it's still familiar. How refreshing.

First I scheduled an ebay auction to start tomorrow night (7pm PST) and run for 10 days. I'm selling last year's Halloween costume, Little Red Riding Hood, in its entirety. This includes dress, cape, wig, petticoat, wolf in a basket, and lacey ankle socks (unworn). Although it's probably the cutest costume I've owned since reaching adulthood, I've lost a few pounds and it just doesn't fit right anymore. Practically new though, and a great deal for a lucky someone.

Then I posted a few books for sale on half.com. Here's a link. I also have loads of CDs I could sell, but I've got to make sure it's worth my time first. So many of them start at $0.75, and at that rate I'd just as soon trade them into a used bookstore or record store and take the credit.

I don't have any defined goal for the money I might make. Mostly I just want to get rid of clutter, and if I can make a buck or two, that's nice. In the long-term I need to auction off some of our action figure collection. It takes up way too much space, but I keep putting it off because it represents a colossal amount of work. Just thinking about it makes me say, ugh.

In photo news: I'm looking into either buying a mat cutter or finding a source to buy pre-cut mats from, so I can offer that as an option on my photo site. I know I'd much rather buy a print already in a mat, than just a print. And the experiment wouldn't be too much of an initial investment. It would also put me on the path of possibly having a booth at a local festival, with the prints matted and in clear bags. That'd be fun.

No comments: