Thursday, October 04, 2007

Chili in here

I was good last night and did what I was supposed to, as opposed to drinking two giant steins of Manny's on tap and stumbling in the door like the previous night. Instead I went grocery shopping for the first time in weeks and took out the trash. So now, tonight or Saturday depending how I feel, I'll use this recipe to make chili, because it is chili weather.

It's a great recipe but I always make a few modifications. I cut out the green bell peppers and add garlic and diced jalapenos. I halve the meat and double the beans, and instead of tomato sauce I use Mexican tomato sauce, and instead of tomato juice I'm using fire roasted diced tomatoes in a can. Basically it's the same recipe, only ten kinds of spicier. Also I bought some Mexican chili powder which I can't wait to try...

I also bought the ingredients to make this: Slow Cooker Lime Garlic Chicken. I'll make brown rice instead of white with it though. Maybe add a wee more garlic than it calls for. I likes the garlic. Hm, and maybe some more spice; it looks bland.

Tomorrow night Courtney will show me the town, which is conveniently located behind a barrel of chocolate martinis, a couch, and a mismatched pajama set (speaking for myself.) I am excited about that. Also, next week at this time, assuming all goes as planned, I'll be a Mrs. somebody. I won't be changing my name officially until at least January though, since I have to fly in December.

While we're out there, I'm arranging a small get together for my parents and Jer's parents. I turned in my Food & Beverage Agreement yesterday, and now all that's left is to actually invite them. I may even hire a limo. Exciting times.

1 comment:

KikiRiki said...

Yes, the town that is South West Seattle. Can't wait!