Sunday, October 28, 2007

Lunch and a movie

Jer and I ate lunch at Chipotle on the Ave today, and boy was it ever tasty. I had the burrito bowl, which I think they spell bol, with chicken and light cheese/sour cream. Then we drove down the street and saw "The Darjeeling Limited."

I'm generally pretty fond of Wes Anderson's films, and I liked this one just fine. I laughed, I gasped, I hardly looked at my watch at all. When it comes out on DVD, I will buy it and watch it again. And that is my review.

The theatre was old and the seats weren't particularly comfortable, but it was the bathrooms I found most interesting. The women's room was up a set of stairs, the width of one person, sharp turn to the left. A mirror, a sink, an open door frame, and two stalls. No separation between bathroom and stairs. I found this... unsettling. This is usually the case when I suspect people buying popcorn in the lobby can hear me washing my hands or what not.

When the movie let out we wandered down the street to explore Wallingford and stretch our legs. We ended up at Murphy's pub and split an order of chicken strips and a tasty beverage. A post-film discussion was had. Then I may have talked about Treasury Bonds for no reason. It's what I do.

And now we are home again. Second weekend in a row we've ended up in the Wallingford area -- last Sunday we ate brunch at Elysian's Tangletown location, in case you're playing the home game.

On the docket for evening is a viewing of "Dark City" on DVD, and possibly some writing of thank you notes.

The cat is howling in the hallway. I think I'll go tease him.

2 comments:

Melain said...

Your writing style is adorable! I'm glad I found you. :)

Folly Blaine said...

Wow. You've gone and made me blush. Thank you for the comment and Happy Halloween!