Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I drove myself crazy reading the news about San Diego. The news never changed: it's on fire. There's not much a person can do two states away, so why do I keep looking? The news never tells me what I want to hear anyway, which is mostly where the fire is right now. How close is it to the house? How is it 0% contained? You can't even throw us a 1% bone?

So I went to City Kitchens on my lunch break and visited their closeout room. I love that room. The problem is I usually find something I absolutely need, and today was no exception. I found the Le Creuset 11 3/4 inch skillet I've been wanting for the last year. It was half off, in red. I can live with red.

Then I went to Daiso and spent $16 on plastic food containers for lunch and silicone baking cups.

I guess that's what they call retail therapy.

Family is safe. Pets are safe. I give myself permission to stop thinking about it for the rest of the night. You may resume regularly scheduled worrying tomorrow.

No comments: