Saturday, February 02, 2008

A Game of Let's Pretend

I may be wrong and I hope I am, but I suspect one of my neighbors has been purloining my Wall Street Journal. I went downstairs early this morning to tape up my FedEx notice with my buzzer # -- since one of my neighbors (not so) helpfully taped it to the wrong mailbox and I want to make sure FedEx can find me -- and noticed a stack of papers outside, which I brought in. On top was my Wall Street Journal, a publication I ordered free for trading in some airline points a couple of months ago, but hadn't received yet.

What a coincidence! The very first time I go downstairs early, is the very first time I receive my paper. What are the odds?

I guess I'll have to make it a point to go downstairs before 6am and see if I can find my paper more often. It is clearly labeled so that's not the problem.

Let's just pretend this was the first day I received it ever. Then I may look upon with the world with less suspicion and judgment.

Suffice it to say, I can't wait to own a house.

Happy Groundhog Day.

No comments: