Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Operation: March Weight Loss

I've just returned from the grocery store with 71 items, and now I am ready to begin my "diet" on Saturday -- quotes used because the word is loaded but it's short and gets the point across.

I have my chicken breasts, tuna, string cheese, raw almonds, ingredients for a vegetable/lentil soup, whole grain bread, frozen spinach, and weight control oatmeal. My V8 is in the fridge next to my fat free yogurt, my granola is in the pantry, and the Golden Delicious apples are ready to be sliced. That should get me through the first week.

Steaks were on sale too. I bought a set of 4 for half off and stuck them in the freezer for later.

I haven't decided if I will be counting calories this go around, or just eating small meals frequently and doing lots of cardio. Probably the latter. Also, I think I will cut back on my alcohol intake but won't force myself to give it up entirely. I don't want to give up all my fun.

As for photos, I haven't made any progress in the last couple of days. I am planning to submit an application to the Bite of Seattle soon; I have a couple of weeks before it's due. I plan to mat some prints tomorrow night and then do a bunch on Saturday night and Sunday morning. And that's that.

2 comments:

Melain said...

Two weeks ago I spent $300.00 on whole foods for my "diet" that was supposed to start that Monday. Now all that lovely produce is rotting in my fridge and I'm still sneaking chocolate chips 6 times a day. *sigh*

Best of luck.

Folly Blaine said...

I've done that too. More times than I'd like to admit.

I'm hoping that since most of the produce I purchased will go into a soup pot on Saturday, I won't have that problem this time. It all hinges on actually making the soup though.