Saturday, February 09, 2008

On paper I guess you do.

I just said the most offensive thing I may have ever said to another person, and it was completely unintentional.

I was at the mailbox and my neighbor was there, picking up her mail and making small talk. She said, "I get the weirdest mail. I mean, do I *look* like I need two copies of Victoria's Secret?"

And me, in my brilliance, only half paying attention, and DEFINITELY not meaning it the way it sounded, said, "On paper I guess you do."

I turned away, realized how it sounded, flushed completely, and said, "Oh no. I did not mean it like that. I'm so sorry! I didn't mean that."

She laughed and said she understood and wasn't offended. But I feel terrible. I honestly just meant they must think she REALLY liked the catalog. THINK, Christy. THINK before you speak!

No comments: