Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sonics vs. Blazers at Key Arena

The Sonics game was interesting -- what I saw of it. I had a hard time grasping why Chewbacca was our mascot, but it was explained to me several times that it was actually a Sasquatch. Because that makes more sense.

Backing up a step, a group of us went to JaBu's Pub before the game and drank $2.50 pints for several hours before heading over to Key Arena. Not being a fan of crowds or noise, I can't remember the last time I've been in a bar on a Friday night. We had a good time though.

As for the game, we only watched the first quarter, then we ate some hot dogs and eventually decided to go to another bar. It was quieter by then. A few of us shared an order of tater tots and another few pints and then it was home again.

My big news this morning is I was able to order another wing for my note card display rack, so now it'll have all 4 sides filled instead of just 3. The wasted space was playing havoc on my already fragile mental state. And by fragile mental state I mean my anal-retentive-need-for-balance/order. It just looked lop-sided!

It's a beautiful day outside and it's warm enough where I can finally crack a window and get some air in here without freezing. I'm still feeling lazy but eventually I need to buck up and mat some prints. Or go for a walk. Or something.

In case you were wondering, I heard later that the Sonics won. Chewbacca must have carried them to victory!

No comments: