Saturday, March 26, 2011

Twice Baked Potatoes

I baked my first potatoes last night. Sorry, not a euphemism.

It turned out pretty well, so I slightly modified a couple of recipes I found online and turned them into this:

Twice Baked Potatoes

Yields 4 servings at 3 Points Plus per serving.

2 Russet Potatoes
About 1/2 tbsp olive oil
pinch of Kosher salt
1/4 cup fat free sour cream
1/4 cup reduced fat Crumbled Blue Cheese
salt/pepper/Cajun seasoning if you have it

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Scrub potatoes with a thick brush and cold water.
  3. Pierce potatoes with a fork, put them in a bowl, and lightly coat with olive oil. Sprinkle some Kosher salt on top.
  4. Set potatoes directly on oven rack with a pan underneath to catch drippings.
  5. Bake about an hour, until tender. Remove from oven, let cool about 10 minutes.
  6. Cut lengthwise and scoop out potato pulp with a spoon.
  7. In the bowl coated with olive oil, add the pulp, sour cream, and blue cheese. Mash with a potato masher. Season to taste.
  8. Add mixture back to the 4 potato shells and bake for another 15 minutes.
Very tasty and I didn't miss the butter or Ranch dressing or whatever I usually use with potatoes. Maybe next time I'll add some chives or garlic. I'm tempted to roast a bulb of garlic at the same time and then squeeze some of the roasted garlic into the mixture.

For reference, the two recipes I combined were Alton Brown's Baked Potato Recipe -- he used Canola oil and I used olive oil. And this WW recipe for "Cheesey Twice-Baked Potatoes." That last site has an abundance of great WW recipes.

No comments: