Monday, August 01, 2011

My first story sale to Every Day Fiction

Yesterday I submitted a 3,600-word story (contemporary fantasy) into the wild. This one was written quickly, but the rewriting -- the fine-tuning -- took weeks that turned into months following many generous reader comments.

Now let's see if I can find it a good home.

I mentioned on Twitter (@follyblaine) my first story sale, a flash fiction piece called Eau de Public Transit under pen name Folly Blaine, is coming out August 23 at Every Day Fiction.

EDF is a wonderful, free service that sends a story under 1000 words to your inbox every day. You can either wait for me to remind you of my Internet debut, or sign up now and experience the magic on your own terms.

No one has read this story except Jer and the editors at EDF. A couple of beta readers saw an earlier version, but I've made a few major changes in the interim. Back then its title was The Metro because the story is based on an experience I had riding the Metro in Prague last year.

I loved Prague, by the way. Everyone should go if they're able.

It's also worth calling out: This is my first fiction on the Internet in 15 years of posting. I am excited to have the opportunity to share my work and hope you find it entertaining.