Friday, January 06, 2012

First week, first month

This morning I've been tackling bureaucratic tasks that have piled up. I finally broke down and made myself a to-do list to keep everything straight. Little things like, "Put the Good to Go pass on the car," "Register for convention," "Submit story to workshop," "File business taxes."

Doesn't mean I've done all of these things yet. Just means I know what I need to do now.

I submitted my first week's Write 1 Sub 1 story yesterday. The novel revision class I'm taking starts tomorrow. And I just finished my first week back at Weight Watchers with a loss, so that's good. (I'm doing the etools only version this time.)

I haven't made it back to the gym yet. Baby steps.

As for writing, I have a few short stories I'm playing with, but nothing solid yet.

So I'll just keep chugging along.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I don't know if you have a hard time out in public but I know having the exercise tools at my home helps. I watch tapes until my exercise equipment is put together. Also the Wii is perfect to get active. Love your writing!

Folly Blaine said...

Kristy, those are great suggestions. I have a program on the PS3 Move I use sometimes, but I have to push the couch back before I can use it and that seems like so much work. :)

I know the number one thing I need to do is stop waiting to feel like working out and just do it. Easier said than done sometimes.

Thank you for the compliment on my writing! I really appreciate it.