Monday, January 02, 2012

January 19 is the day to read my first short story

I've been told my new superhero-fantasy story, The Hero Garden, will be published at InfectiveINk.com on Thursday, January 19th. I'm pretty excited since it will be my first published short story, if you don't include my flash fiction.

It's not my first short story sale however. But then the first sale story won't be available until spring, so "The Hero Garden" remains my first chance to prove to the world I can write over 1,000 words at a time. In this case, 2,000.

Assuming that is the sort of arbitrary proof that needs proving...

All day I've been rewriting a totally different short story and I keep looking up at the clock and seeing another hour has passed. I can't tell you how many times I've rewritten this silly thing, but I think the end is finally in sight. I'll leave it until tomorrow and then send it to writing group.

It is nice to have a plan.

No comments: