Sunday, January 01, 2012

Reading my way through another Dec 31

I hope everyone had an enjoyable New Year's Eve.

Jeremy built a fire in the living room fireplace and I settled in with my books, afghan, and Kindle, while he took to the opposite couch with his laptop to play Eve. Then the cat sat on me and all was lost.

I hardly ever read just one book at a time, so I read a couple chapters from Murakami's "1Q84," a story from Kelly Link's "Magic for Beginners," and about a quarter of the first book in the "The Hunger Games Trilogy."

So after I read and read for hours next to the fire, Jer and I shared a bottle of Prosecco and watched "Young Frankenstein," as you do.

A nice, laid back, low-key night.

Plus I found out I sold a story about heroes, and that's always good news.

Coffee calls.

No comments: