Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mental preparation

I've been putting off working on my 50k WIP revisions, but today is the day. Last night I created the spreadsheet for keeping track of everything and started splitting the big chunk into bits in Scrivener. I charged my iPod, I don't have to leave the house until evening, I have plenty of coffee and food, and Windows Update has already hijacked my computer once this morning so no more automatic updates to worry about for a while.

I still have a few other projects on my mind--the main reason I've been putting this off--but I'm giving myself permission not to work on those right now.

Dear Self, let's make a plan to spend at least 3 hours on the WIP today. Okay?

Okay.

Ugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Folly. Barbara Stoner here. Just letting you know, one of my NY resolutions is to read a couple of blogs, including yours, at least once a week. Next Cramp day is Opera day for me, so I'll see you in early Feb. (experimenting with short story form once in a while now)

Folly Blaine said...

Hi Barbara! I am honored to have made your resolutions list. I'm looking forward to reading your short story. See you in February.