Saturday, February 05, 2005

(Eye) Drop(s) It Like It's Hot

I keep looking around for my eyeglasses or finding myself trying to push them back up the bridge of my nose, but then I realize, "They're not there, dumbass."

The doctor made sure my eyes are healing properly, which they seem to be and gave me a card for my wallet that says I've had refractive surgery. It's funny because that's one of the reasons -- besides vanity -- that I had this done. My driver's license is up for renewal this year and the last time I got a driver's license, 10 years ago, I didn't wear glasses. I will successfully avoid never having anything about corrective lenses required on my license. (Bad sentence, shame on you) It was only a few months after my license was finalized that I got my first pair of glasses.

My eyelashes are achieving new levels of crustiness. The drops are now administered double-time, and the frequency of my blurry/clear shifts is increasing.

My new mantra: Don't rub for 3 months, don't rub for...

As I was leaving he gave me yet another parting gift: a thermos. My brain is struggling to form a connection between lasers and coffee, but alas, I'm not that bright.

No comments: