Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Groundhog Liberation Now!

I don't think there's anything in my brain that isn't eye or play related. Tonight's my free night. Sadly, it's only 8:30pm and I'm ready for bed.

I'm still doing the gym thing. I burn 300 calories and then I eat a burrito full of sour cream and cheese to preserve my delicate fat balance. But on the bright side, I can run in place for five minutes at a time now. And then bike in place and then climb stairs in place. As long as I travel exclusively by escalator, I'm well prepared for life outside the gym.

Two days until LASIK. It's final countdown time. I'm using antibiotic eyedrops and everything. I can taste them in the back of my throat, which I'm not sure I should be able to do. Salty, if you're wondering.

One good thing is that everyone in town I've told about the LASIK says, "Dr. Winthrop?" And I say, "YES!" And then they say, "He's the best!" And I say, "I know!" Just like that. Now multiply that by five times a day for weeks and weeks and you got yourself a highly recommended LASIK expert.

They Might Be Giants are telling me to go to "Bed, Bed, Bed." And since I make it a point to ALWAYS obey the voices coming through my headphones, I must away.

No comments: