Sunday, February 06, 2005

Goggled!

I'm here to tell you -- if you didn't already know -- sleeping in goggles is weird.

For one week post-LASIK, there are a few rules I need to follow: no makeup, no submerging of the head, and goggles when I'm sleeping. I wake in the morning looking like Cybill Shepherd in a cape. Goggle lines imprint my face, highlighting the rings beneath my eyes. Add to that a healthy dose of wild hair, and you got yourself a pretty little picture. After all, beauty is in the eye of the person who didn't sleep in goggles.

And because I'm not so bright about the coffee/LASIK connection, I asked BF to create one for me (as mentioned in the last entry.) Now it's clear as day. There's a LASIK logo on the side of the thermos. I can ruminate about the gift of sight every time I perk myself up with steaming, hot cuppa chai.

I'm also here to say that it's hard to revise and rewrite when the screen goes blurry then clear unexpectedly. I haven't quite mastered the focus on my training eyes. Or the balance on my training wheels. Or the clasp on my training bra.

No comments: