Sunday, July 17, 2005

Virtual Flea Market

Dinner with the neighbors went well. I made strawberry and regular margaritas, a pineapple/mandarin orange/yellow cake, and hummus. They barbecued tri-tip, potatoes, and cooked corn. Everything was tasty and normal and the conversation didn't lull so I count it as a success.

I made the hummus according to my Uncle's instructions, so I knew it would be full of garlic. But what I didn't expect is that when you put a tiny bit on pita bread and take a bite, the garlic bites back. Yowza. I'll be leaking it from my pores for days.

Looking through the classifieds, I'm having a hard time finding full-time jobs that fit my experience level. Most of the jobs are contract, which appeals to my fear of commitment.

I've started offering my possessions for sale on the internet. I've got an imaginary goal of raising $500 through the sale of my stuff, but judging by what I've posted so far, that'll take about five hundred years. Here are a few choice items, click on the links to buy:

  • Blue Guitar, CD - A girl I worked with told me this CD was stolen from her car, it was her favorite, and she couldn't find a replacement. Not anywhere. So, in a burst of short-sightedness, I found it and bought it on the condition that she pay me back. After it arrived, she quit her job and disappeared.
    1.   Jammin' In Four - Charlie Christian
    2.   Jimmy's Blues - Jimmy Shirley
    3.   Tiny's Boogie - Tiny Grimes
    4.   Strollin' With Bones - T-Bone Walker
    5.   Lover - Tal Farlow
    6.   Boo Boo Be Doop - Sal Salvador
    7.   Seven Come Eleven - Jim Hall
    8.   Cheetah - Kenny Burrell
    9.   Wes' Tune - Wes Montgomery
    10.   Night And Day - Joe Pass
    11.   Come Sunrise - Grant Green
    12.   Shadow Of Your Smile, The - Earl Klugh
    13.   Jack Rabbit - Bireli Lagrene
    14.   Coral - Al DiMeola
    15.   Flower Power - John Scofield
    16.   90 Minute Cigarette - John Hart
    17.   Jumpin' Jack - Stanley Jordan
    
  • SOLD The '80s Hit(s) Back!, CD - This collection is hot, hot, hot! Or cold... Hot, hot, hot! Or cold... Is this hot tea, hot hot hot? Or cold... SNL Celebrity Jeopardy, you complete me.

    But seriously, if you won't buy it for the cheese, buy it for the hideous Star Wars ripoff, complete with themed cover art!

    1.   She Drives Me Crazy - Fine Young Cannibals
    2.   Walk The Dinosaur - Was (Not Was)
    3.   You Keep Me Hangin' On - Kim Wilde
    4.   Safety Dance, The - Men Without Hats
    5.   Walking On Sunshine - Katrina & The Waves
    6.   One Thing Leads To Another - The Fixx
    7.   Heaven Is A Place On Earth - Belinda Carlisle
    8.   Everybody Have Fun Tonight - Wang Chung
    9.   Cruel Summer - Bananarama
    10.   Weird Science - Oingo Boingo
    11.   Axel F - Harold Faltermeyer
    12.   Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades, The - Timbuk 3
    
  • The Best Of Collin Raye: Direct Hits, CD - If you don't feel a twinge on "One Boy, One Girl," then call an ambulance because you're dead inside. This album is perfect for anyone who finds themselves sitting around thinking, "I wish I had a primer on Collin Raye." Good news, folks! The primer is here and that day is now. Click the link and make your dreams come true.
    1.   Little Rock
    2.   I Think About You
    3.   Not That Different
    4.   That's My Story
    5.   If I Were You
    6.   One Boy, One Girl
    7.   In This Life
    8.   My Kind Of Girl
    9.   That Was A River
    10.   What The Heart Wants - (previously unreleased)
    11.   Gift, The - (previously unreleased)
    12.   Open Arms - (previously unreleased)
    13.   Little Red Rodeo - (previously unreleased)
    14.   Love, Me
    

No comments: