Tuesday, July 26, 2005

What time in the what now?

Let's see. It's early. I'm usually stepping out of the shower now, wiping down the mirrors with a hand towel, and rocking out to 92.9 KJEE News. Instead, I'm sitting at my desk, cotton ball strapped to my inner arm, drinking a Starbucks coffee. Guess why? Huh? It was blood-drawing day! Three vials and a pin prick later (band name, anyone?) I got some time to kill, so I figure, why not go to work? I mean, work is literally across the street from the blood drawing place, so while I'm at it, why not drive there? And on the way, why not buy myself a gourmet espresso drink that costs way too much money but tastes oh so good? And while I'm at it, speak entirely in question form.

I'm drinking the coffee through the tiny hole in the cup lid. Any minute I expect White Chocolate Mocha to stream down my pale pink shirt and make for an interesting Tuesday.

In half an hour (or two shakes of a lamb's tail, if you still predict your weather from an almanac), I volunteered to drive a co-worker to her knee surgery, so I'll have to leave work and brave the foggy streets of Santa Barbara. Woe for me.

Sales-to-Date: $131.02, 26% of my goal. Like hotcakes, I say. Soon I'll be posting a lovely Star Wars Monopoly game, guaranteed to make the Star Wars fan in your life cry. Because it's that pretty.

No comments: