Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Happy Birthday to Meeeeee.

There was a big product release today and we got it done. After weeks of hanging on, staring at the wall, and trying to gather enough focus to finish all the mundane-ity, it's over. I can goof off. I can sit around, collect paychecks, and wait for my last day. At least, in theory.

Seattle update: I've got a couple appointments lined up with property managers, for places where I'd like to live, so the ever-present static of desperation is down a notch. I don't have any plans for the down-time, except maybe to drive around and see what I see. My resume is circulating, and those damn boxes aren't packing themselves. Besides that, I do not know.

Jer sold his desk, and maybe the big screen television. The first set of potential buyers complained that the big screen was too big. I guess they didn't know what the word "big" meant. But seriously, there were pictures. How could they not see it was "big" from the pictures?

Do you think we'll have to look at more than two places before we settle on a rental? Because I'm feeling really lazy. I wish it were two months from now and all our stuff was magically transported far, far away. And maybe this magical place would have a roof deck. And a dishwasher. And a washer/dryer. And parking, while we're at it. We'll see.

Oh oh oh! I got my permit to park the commercial trailer/moving van on our street on street sweeping day. I am so happy. Permits are a wonderful thing because they're like a government sanctioned bribe, you see. I am supporting of the permits.

In honor of my birthday, I think I might indulge in some frivolous game play.

No comments: