Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Worry Wart

I stress too much. I'm currently stressing over the move -- not the whole thing, just one part, just the dropoff. The company we're using says we need a permit to park the trailer and then we have to pay a person to babysit the trailer at $120/hour. The first hour is free.

But... but...

So then I think, can Jer and I unload the trailer in one hour? Maybe if we stack everything on the ground first and then carry it up from there. Then the driver can leave and we can take our time. Sure, this might be how we get around the law, but it seems... inefficient... to leave our shit on the sidewalk.

Or we could drive to the trailer terminal with a U-Haul, transfer our possessions to the U-Haul and take care of it ourselves. This also seems inefficient. I'm getting ready to contact the local transportation department and separate fact from fiction, but geez. People move everyday. It can't be that hard!

In two weeks we send the trailer off and drive 20 hours in two cars with two cats. I haven't had a chance to stress about that yet, but don't worry. It's only a matter of time.

Upon arriving at my cubicle yesterday morning I couldn't help but notice the place was crawling with ants. At least they weren't the siafu kind... I sprang to action and employed my patented thumb squishing technology to reclaim my territory, but the ants had already taken hold. The situation quickly escalated to include traps and spray. If only we'd had time to ventilate the area... I was forced to leave work early and pack boxes instead of making myself look busy. Turns out, nobody cares anymore if I look busy. I might as well stay home.

No comments: