Friday, August 12, 2005

Jetsetter

I'm "working" a half day so we can get a headstart on traffic. I'm getting my thoughts together, printing out lists and directions, and confirmation numbers for the road. I am armed with a big black binder full of information. I've set up appointments, and labeled index dividers. I have the Seattle travel guide I made in 2003...

and I'm all wound up and antsy.

I try not to think about the places we'll be seeing. I don't want to get my hopes up. There are a million things that could go wrong, and I try not to think about that either. Since I got drunk last Friday I haven't wanted anything alcoholic in my system, so there's nothing to take the edge off. It's just me, tapping my feet and twitching -- not that I'd be drinking before 10am anyway, I've got standards.

Prepare yourselves for no updates. I am taking to the skies.

No comments: