Sunday, August 07, 2005

On Behaving Badly

Friday was Fiesta so I went downtown to celebrate. I ate tamales and taquitos, beans and rice. I drank beer and tequila and a whiskey sour and margaritas. I did stupid things like lip sync to bad 80's songs, and then I left my sunglasses at somebody's house which makes me feel bad because they were expensive and I love them. They're polarized. I rode in a taxi. I paid a man at a jewelry stand to read the Tarot. I called Jer to pick me up. I sat at an open window and watched girls in short skirts walk down the street. Several wore a Budweiser sign around their waist that said something about tasting great or being less filling or some other double entendre that drove my companions' imaginations wild. The boys shelled peanuts and threw the skins on the floor. I ate jalapeno poppers and played badly at cards. I lost twenty dollars and watched the sun set behind the hills.

Saturday we went to a wedding at a girl scout camp. There were goats and chickens and a fat tire swing. I was hungover. It was hard to stand and there was no water. I wore a skirt that showed off my white, mosquito bitten legs. We ate outside under a sign that said, "Chow Wagon." My high heels sunk in the dirt and kicked up dust when I walked so I changed to flip flops. The wedding started late and we sat in the hot, bright sun, making small talk. There was no alcohol. We toasted with energy drinks.

Now I sleep.

No comments: