Saturday, August 20, 2005

I Heart Cephalopods

It smells like rain. Is it the Ghost of Apartment Future?

All the glasses are packed. I'm getting rid of most of the dishes. There is fresh newsprint paper waiting patiently by the pots and pans. I initiated mail forwarding.

After finishing the entry this morning I switched on the Discovery channel and flopped on the couch. I watched a documentary on the Humboldt squid (otherwise known as carnivorous, cannibal squid who travel in packs, live at great depths, and have roughly 36,000 fangs on their suckers), then another on siafu ants, and then another on deadly snakes. During the siafu show I fell asleep, but later woke refreshed, despite hearing an interview about ants swarming over a baby and eating it alive, and then seeing pictures of a chicken carcass, stripped of its flesh by a highway of arthropods.

Who needs Saturday morning cartoons when you've got oodles of sensationalist critter propaganda? I love me some eXtreme animal action.

No comments: