Saturday, September 22, 2007

For the ladies

I added a list of personal finance blogs I read regularly to the sidebar. They're all pretty good; check them out if you have any interest.

On Thursday I went to Macy's for my first bra fitting. This is one of those female things that has always intimidated me, but seemed like it'd be a good idea. And since I've lost almost 25 pounds, I decided it was a good time to take my top off.

Turns out it was a great experience. A woman representing Vanity Fair took my measurements, and she, along with the person she was training, spent a half hour bringing me different bras to try on. They fit well, looked nice, and were only a slightly different size than what I've been wearing for roughly 17 years - and not that different in price. It was such an epiphany I didn't want to wear my old bra again after trying on ones that actually fit.

They also gave me a free candle, so maybe I'm biased because of the free stuff.

Anyway, if you've never been to a bra fitting - and you think it might help - I say give it a try. It's free at Macy's, you can make an appointment, and they're having a special bra fitting event through next week.

Never fear. I'll get back to non-bra subjects such as photography, exercise, finance, science-fiction, or booze in the next entry.

No comments: