Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A very fine Sunday

I have an entry I planned to write but then I wanted to insert some photos (currently very far away from me) and I am tired of making excuses so here's my update without photos.

Pretty much I've been scanning slides and negatives. About 130 done so far. But on Sunday -- well Sunday was beautiful. I left the house and did things. I walked slowly to Alki Beach and enjoyed the lovely sunrise light, then perched on a stone pedestal for a couple of hours and cheered on 3-Day walkers. At that point in the course they were 5 of 15 miles into their last day. I was near the watermelon table, where they kept cheering, "Melons for your melons!"

I waited for Courtney's group, the Warming Hut Hotties, to appear and then walked with them back towards Seacrest Park. I snapped some photos, I listened to them chant, and enjoyed the energy. Lots of honking and bubbles and chocolate and cheers. Fantastic.

After I left them, I convinced Jer to get lunch at Skylark Cafe & Club, where I had a Monte Cristo sandwich and tater tots. From there we made our first visit to the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks in Ballard -- these are the photos I wanted to share. A beautiful sunny day. Blue sky, water, locks, botanical gardens, a fish ladder, and a couple of spiders made it a perfect way to spend the afternoon. On our way back to the car we stopped for refreshments. I had a root beer float (with Sparky's root beer) and Jer had a latte. It was the best tasting, most refreshing root beer float I may have ever had.

Then we went home and I scanned some more while we watched Dr. Who and Eureka. Not a bad way to spend a weekend.

No comments: