Wednesday, September 05, 2007

promises, promises

I told my trainer I would do cardio for at least 45 minutes, 3 days a week, in addition to working out the 2 times we meet each week.

I don't know why I told him that.

Okay, I sort of know why. I set a weight loss target for December 1, but I didn't actually mean it. I just said it, see? He wasn't supposed to take me seriously. But then he went and wrote in down in pen, and now I'm stuck.

I should buy him a pencil. A whole barrel of pencils. And when he asks me to define a goal, he will write it in graphite so it can be eradicated by the winds of time and my accountability will depend on dust.

Last night I didn't work on my photos and made a spinach and brown rice casserole instead.

Hm. That sounds too noble, so I'll let you in on a little secret: the final ingredient was 3 cups of shredded cheese.

This weight loss thing is in the bag, baby.

No comments: