Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Day After My Last Day at Work

Good morning, world! These last couple of days have been... a real whirlwind. I walk a fine line of wanting to say what happened and not wanting to leave a tangible record, so I'll tell you what I learned.

I learned that I need a tougher skin. (And I don't just mean less moisturizer, yuck yuck.) I learned how much I value fairness, and how much the lack of it stings. That was a big lesson. I learned that I had friends who were willing to share their evening with me on short notice, which made me feel very honored even though I was abysmal at moving around.

And now I'm really done. This morning finds me with the shreds of a Naughty Nellie hangover and a colossal thirst. The weather is just how I like it, drizzly and gray. I am focusing on the part of my lesson where I toughen up, let things go, and put the rest behind me. This is a new day. A new chapter. And I have things to do.

Is it bad that I just read the phrase "Southern-fried fantasy" and got really really hungry for bacon?

No comments: