Saturday, March 01, 2008

Numbers for Day One

And... it's March again. Sorry Caesar.

I was fortunate to attend C Ro's Great Cheese Unveiling last night. She set out a fabulous spread, including three homemade cheeses, and infinite wine. Friendly people, tasty cheese, and excellent wine, what more could you want? Though after getting my butt kicked at Scene It for the umpteenth time, I finally had to call it a night.

I'm not good at that game.

Morning arrived sooner than I expected, as did the first day of my diet. I hydrated and slowly chewed through an English muffin (100 calories) coated with chunky peanut butter (180 calories). At 8:30am, I went downstairs and met Courtney to walk up to Alki and back, with a quick stop at The Alki Bakery for hot beverages (hot apple cider, 125 calories.)

It was a beautiful morning, marred only slightly by the ghost of a wine hangover and sore quadriceps. Yesterday's workout was particularly strenuous and my trainer promises they will continue to be since we're in contest mode. During the walk I drank my fruit-punch-flavored Accelerade for about 200 calories, to assist muscle recovery. Not sure if it helped.

I got home, took a nap, got up, and made a turkey sandwich (425 calories), a glass of milk (110 calories), and a little less than an ounce of raw almonds (150 calories). The sandwich breaks down as:

  • 2 slices of whole wheat bread, 200 calories
  • 2 slices of turkey breast, 100 calories
  • 1 slice of Jarlsberg Lite cheese, 50 calories
  • Mustard, 5 calories
  • 1/4 avocado, 70 calories

I'm excited to have a free evening where I can work on my prints. I'm currently constricting my brain's blood vessels with a big mug of coffee and a dash of low fat milk. I'm at about 1300 calories for the day, with dinner left to eat. I plan to load up on steamed vegetables and maybe make a batch of brown rice. I'll be happy if I end the day around 1700-1800 calories. I probably shouldn't have had the Accelerade -- took a chance it'd help with recovery -- or the cider -- it was a treat -- but there you go.

I don't plan on detailing all my meals from here on out, but it's useful for getting back in the right mindset.

No comments: