Friday, March 14, 2008

Happy Ides of March Eve!

A couple of things. I was paid out for vacation and my last (almost) two weeks at work. Once the rollover goes through I will have no reason to think about it anymore. And that's a good thing.

It's fun to plan how I'll invest the money in my IRA. (Surprise) I am leaning towards paying the minimum on a bunch of Vanguard index funds. I am so predictable.

I finally broke down and reinstalled MS Word on my main computer. For the last few months the program crashed every time I opened it. I was lazy and used my laptop instead of reinstalling, but now it's done. Also, my anti-virus software was having problems, so I installed the free home version of avast! and it's already found 2 trojans. When I say its name I silently add the word "matey" to the end and know that the pirates want me virus-free. Also, I get such a sense of strange accomplishment each time the program notifies me of a problem. I call it the "pop a pimple" principle. How can something so wrong feel so right?

I blame the pirates.

On, this, my second day off, I aspire to shower.

No comments: