Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Must Skip TV

"The Moment of Truth" is probably the worst show on television at the moment. Its premise is a contestant sits in the hot seat, supposedly hooked up to a polygraph machine -- though wires are mysteriously absent and movement is not constricted in any way. The host asks inappropriate questions, we watch the contestant squirm, and after an hour it ends.

I don't mind the squirming. What I HATE, is that no one ever wins and there doesn't seem to be any way to win. Even for people who are clearly not lying. A female voice says true or false and there's no way to prove it. It's a brilliant premise for never having to give money away, but it's completely unbelievable.

I've seen it twice, so I must be an expert, right? What can I say? It's on after "Two and a Half Men" and I've recently decided that that's the funniest show on television at the moment. Okay, I'll grant the stupid show one thing. I do enjoy watching how shocked everyone is all the time, but other than that it's rancid.

No comments: