Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Greek food and naps

It's probably naptime. That's what you're supposed to do with lots of days off, right? Take many naps?

I've been up since 5:30am. Rode the bus downtown, went to the dentist, worked out at the gym, took the bus most of the way home, and then walked the last 1.5 miles or so.

I made a tuna melt and now I'm contemplating naptime. You're all caught up.

Yesterday I finally bought (okay, Jer bought) a bookshelf for my cookbooks. It is most exciting. Best $30 ever spent and the easiest to follow directions I've ever read. And then for dinner we went to Kokoras Greek Grill in West Seattle. Very very tasty and highly recommended. We had two specials which involved a ground lamb mixture wrapped in phyllo and baked. The special also included a very tasty salad, pita bread, and an interesting rice pilaf with cinnamon and raisins, which Jer actually liked. (I liked it too but it's a bigger deal if Jer likes it.) In addition we had the hummus and we each ordered a different glass of red Greek wine. Everything was spectacular -- the pita bread in particular.

So I don't know what to do now. Maybe I will make coffee. Or maybe I will read. Or... there's this whole nap thing I've heard so much about.

As a follow-up to the St. Patrick's Day Dash, I tried looking myself up in the race results and for whatever reason I do not appear. I was able to look up Courtney, who finished about the same time as me but maybe a little faster, and her official time is 46:48. I consider it a good first effort for me. Yay.

9 comments:

KikiRiki said...

I couldn't find you either but I did find a "Chris Johnson" with a very similar time. Perhaps that was you? Because Christy always gets spell checked for Christ?

Oh man, if you had a band it could be called "Spell checked for Christ". How cool....

Folly Blaine said...

Sadly there were several Christy's who made the cut. I was not any of them. Also my bib number does not exist in their system so I am nervous they'll say I never returned the timing chip or something.

KikiRiki said...

Well that would just be the icing on the cake of that experience wouldn't it. Lame....

Sam Sotiropoulos said...

Hi Christy,

Next time instead of going out for Greek food, how about making some at home? It's easy, healthy and tasty! Check out my Greek food blog for some ideas:

http://greekgourmand.blogspot.com

Be Well,

Sam Sotiropoulos

Folly Blaine said...

Thanks, Sam. I'll check it out.

Anonymous said...

Did you try the skordalia?

Folly Blaine said...

You know, danf, I did not. Yet another reason to go back!

Lily said...

The only Greek foods I make are baklava and loukoumades...wonder why I'm working out? I so wish my town had cultural festivals. Perhaps I should start them.

Folly Blaine said...

Lily, the only Greek food I've made is my grandmother's Greek stuffing. I bought a very nice book of recipes at the Greek festival last year, but I have yet to work up the courage. Phyllo scares me a little.