Thursday, March 20, 2008

My Glamorous Thursday

It's a day for itemizing chores. The good news, the fantastic news is this: I left the house, in my car, for about five hours. How long has it been since I ran errands all day by myself, I couldn't say. At least not this many errands.

  • Drove to Costco: got passport photos (I need to change my name on my passport and have to reapply), bought my favorite cereal (Nature’s Path Organic Flax Plus Granola with Pumpkin), changed my name on my Costco membership card and had a new photo taken, and got gas for the car.
  • Drove to Half Price Books and turned in two boxes of CDs and books. Received $18.50 in cash, and then spent $14.63 on the new Matchbox Twenty double CD and the book, "I am Legend" by Richard Matheson.
  • Drove to the Mongolian Grill and ate an excellent meal. I like it spicy and they sure do deliver. -- If you've never been to one, you grab a bowl and move down the line filling your bowl with vegetables, spices, and noodles. Then you hand your bowl over to the grill guy and choose a meat. They dump it all out on a big hot metal circle (aka a grill) and in a few minutes you have your food.
  • Drove to the mall and bought clothes for work. Mostly from JC Penney's but also a dress from Macy's. If you're keeping track at home, I now own 3 dresses, which means I am going to have to buy shoes other than loafers at some point.
Writing it out like that, it doesn't seem like all that much. But it was, so there. Clothes shopping, by the way? Way more fun when you can actually fit into the clothes in the average people's section. I have more weight to lose, true, but it has been YEARS since I've had to go back and get a smaller size, usually I need bigger. Today, I needed a smaller size on a couple of occasions. Hallelujah.

Now to pre-post a photo to the photo blog and then I'm free of this accursed machine.

No comments: