Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Allergy-riffic

Until this year, I lived my life comfortable in the knowledge that I was not an allergy person. Sure there were occasional fluke times when Claritin was bought and consumed, eye drops were administered... but this is the first time in my life I've wanted to stay home from work because my eyes are itchy and red, I can't stop sneezing, my nose is running, and my sinuses are stuffed.

It's not consistent either. I have 1 or 2 good days, the weather changes, and I wake up like this. A week ago I slept with a damp washcloth on my eyes so I'd quit rubbing them.

Boo hoo, right?

I'm just totally amazed that I can go from something that's never bothered me ever, to my face melting off. How does that happen? I mean I've lived through way worse summers in southern California, but here, here the pollen count and dander is some special kind of hell.

...

In my last entry I mentioned Tokyo. Jer's work is sending him for awhile and I would like to visit for part of it. His dates are nearly nailed down, and I've gotten approval from work to take the time off, so now we are just waiting to sort out some details before I book a flight. It looks like it may actually happen and I am very excited.

Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

CRo said...

SWEET! Wait, about the trip, not the allergies.

Folly Blaine said...

Yay! Even if Jer's dates don't get finalized in a timely fashion I may just go anyway since I have permission. :)