Sunday, October 05, 2008

$40 for a 150 page paperback

I don't want to talk about work too much, but it's just about the only thing on my mind. I find myself needing to learn the language of scrum and agile fast, surrounded by a stack of white papers and best practice books that cost entirely too much... just to be able to communicate about basic processes.

So there's that.

I am also still learning Japanese. This week we are learning numbers and how to write k/g in hiragana. I've learned vowels so far and some introductory phrases.

Yesterday Jeremy and I went to Salmon Days in Issaquah. It was rainy and windy and cold, overall miserable. The quality of the festival is very high and it was worth a visit, but the weather, oh the weather. My fingers would freeze off if I had to sit there all day. We walked through the salmon hatchery and saw an educational booth where HawkQuest was showing off a bald eagle, a Great Horned Owl, and another one I can't remember. They were beautiful birds and I threw in a couple of bucks to help feed them. The bald eagle was there because she'd been injured and couldn't fly.

This week has been the craziest ride I've been on in a long time. I'm totally off the script and I don't know what's going to happen next. Can't even guess.

No comments: