Tuesday, October 28, 2008

If you don't have anything nice to say...

The title sums up my day. Nothing nice to say, so better off not saying it.

I will practice my Japanese. I will count to 99,999 and tell you what time it is. I will tell you that this is a book or this is not a book and that this is also a book.

I won't think about how I am ready for a real vacation, something beyond 4 days in Tokyo. But you see I used all of my vacation time working the festivals. So now there is no vacation time.

I am secretly (now not so secretly) afraid my thyroid will break again. It broke on its own before and it got better before. I will take my pulse. 69 beats per minute. That is not bad at all. When I went to the doctor those years ago it was 110 beats per minute at rest. It was like butterfly wings flapping in my chest. I couldn't hold the camera steady.

Humans are highly adaptable to circumstance. Soon none of this will be new. It will be old hat and it won't bother me anymore. I am just reacting to change.

I am so good at rationalizing. I can just choose to perceive less stress. I can be mellow. Look at me. Mell-ow. Would you like some Jell-O with your Mell-ow?

I am going to eat a Fig Newton. I don't even know how I stumbled into this puzzle but if you see a round piece with a square left corner, let me know, okay?

5 comments:

Lily said...

Hakuna Matata. It has become my mantra in the last week. Deep breath, Hakuna Matata. Repeat. Now if I could only get the song out of my head.

Folly Blaine said...

Thanks for the earworm, lily. :P

Maya said...

Your thyroid makes your heart beat faster? Maybe that is what's wrong with me sometimes...

I hope you feel better!

Folly Blaine said...

maya, it will if you have hyperthyroidism. My blog archives starting in mid-Sept 2004 through end of 2004 talk about my experiences with that a lot (doctors can check with a blood test). I was lucky in that I responded well to the medication and after a year and a half could stop -- instead of having to have my thyroid irradiated or removed.

It's probably irrational, but since I don't know why it started and I don't know why it went away, I worry sometimes. That's the short-ish version of the story. :)

Maya said...

I probably should go get a standard physical anyways. Maybe I'll ask about this too. Something seems wrong with me, but I don't know what!