Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

I can't decide if I want to try to shoot fireworks tonight. It looks like it's sprinkling and I just realized my remote control doesn't work with the D700 -- probably should've noticed that before, making it much harder to keep the camera steady. I'll also be pretty tired in an hour. In the absence of a decision I'm idly googling homemade rain covers and willing myself awake.

Jer works tonight so my personal New Year's Eve celebration has involved World of Warcraft and two cups of coffee. It's not the worst NYE ever. That belongs to the Christmas break I worked at Blockbuster Video and had to vacuum while the fireworks went off outside. Yay.

Without getting into it too much, these last couple of weeks have been very strange at work. My company was acquired by a much larger entity and on Monday we all had to go through HR training and start over from scratch. Vacation, seniority, sensitivity training, it all begins anew and there has been some culture shock as a result. I continue to hold the same job title, which if you caught my hints, changed about 3 months ago when I took over for my boss. One of the side effects of this change is that I've started peppering phrases like "low hanging fruit" and "where the rubber meets the road" into my speech patterns... and then I slap myself in the face as punishment.

So there's that.

I think what I really want is permission to go to sleep and not worry about fireworks and rain. Ignoring them makes me feel guilty though since this should be the last New Year's Eve in this apartment. Bah. I'll figure something out.

1 comment:

Maya said...

We've sure been picking a lot of that low hanging fruit lately... :P