Friday, December 05, 2008

Time flies. Yesterday was my last Japanese class of the quarter. As I wait for my coffee to brew I will share with you my recent adventures.

After checking the UPS web site before work and verifying that the Customer Care Center indeed opened at 8am, I drove there. The lot was entirely full of cars and I parked about a quarter of a mile away thinking, "Gee, Christmas time is busy!." Upon arriving at the door to pick up my wonderful and fabulous dream camera I was confronted with harsh reality. A sign taped to the door said, "Hours: 8:30am to 8pm."

I drove to work in sadness. Nothing ever goes quite right with UPS, but I've written about that here before.

As part of a teambuilding exercise, my work group went to lunch and then to see "Quantum of Solace" at the Cinerama. I don't think I've ever willingly watched a Bond film before but I kind of liked it. Dark and a few clever moments mixed up with all of the action. Current Bond has some seriously cold dead eyes.

After work I drove back to UPS, picked up my camera after a 20-minute wait, and then headed off to class. Well, first I ripped open the box in the parking lot, standing over the trunk of my car. Then I stuffed the camera body into my camera bag so I could carry it with me for the rest of the night. No leaving unattended valuables in my car for me!

Oh, coffee's ready!

It's Friday and I'm very happy because of it. World of Warcraft is going swimmingly. My Blood Elf Hunter, Nyl, is about to reach level 25. I've spent most of the week in the Barrens killing mobs to try to get a recipe for Savory Deviate Delight. Because that right there is a big ol' moneymaker and doing so also let me kill things without getting experience -- so I wouldn't outpace Jer's character. I'm up to about 75 gold in the game, which is kind of a lot for my character level, based entirely on the auction house. I spend a lot of time at the auction house, just so we're all clear.

That's all I got.

No comments: