Tuesday, February 17, 2009

books, i read them

So last night I finished reading a graphic novel called Bone, which was pretty interesting. And 1300 pages long. Normally I wouldn't dream of bragging about that, but hey, 1300 pages. Throw me a bone here (heh heh). I am also 2/3 of the way through "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" ... and I like it.

How's that for a review?

Things I also like: chocolate, Baileys in my coffee, my cats, sleep.

Things I could do without: stress, my DVD drive, paying to park, putting my foot in my mouth, not being independently wealthy.

We ran out of clean forks. I made corned beef and had to eat the leftovers with a spoon.

I continue my slow descent into bachelordom.

So yeah. I am spending a lot of time thinking about how to divide my work into quadrants, "begin with the end in mind" and empathic listening. I am not very good at these things. In fact since I've been consciously attempting to apply these principles to my life, I have enjoyed finding new and horrifically humiliating ways of screwing it up. I would give you examples but that would make me die a little inside, and right now I'm all about the positive.

Whoo. Hoo.

No comments: