Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Is there a P.I. in the house?

I found a wallet on the street tonight. I picked it up, thumbed through it, and decided at the very least I would rescue it from its puddle. It has a student ID, a library card, a Blockbuster card, and an ATM card. I thought I might take it to the bank tomorrow, where the ATM card originated, see if they can call the person.

The name was too common to Google. Anyone have another suggestion? I may also try calling the school associated with the student ID.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would definitely call the school you found on the person's I.D. card! My daughter dropped her wallet a few years back at Cupcake Royale and someone took it instead of trying to track her down like you are doing. Be persistant--you'll accumulate some great karma points!

WS said...

If that doesn't do it, you could also post something in our forums. We have had more than a few lost/found postings lately, not just the usual pets - Tracy @ West Seattle Blog

KermitFan said...

Blockbuster is always a great way to track people down -- if there's a membership card in there, they can call the member for you. My mom once dropped some of the cards out of her wallet, and that's how the Good Samaritan tracked her down to get the cards back to her.

Good luck! ;-)

Daniel B. said...

My keys were returned to me via a supermarket loyalty card. Good work! :)

Folly Blaine said...

Thanks for all of the suggestions, I'll post an entry about what happened.