Thursday, May 31, 2007

fitness challenge update

According to the calipers of capriciousness I only lost 2.78% body fat in 5 1/2 weeks. I highly disagree. Not only did I work out at least 5 days a week (training 3 times per week), but I also cut out alcohol and limited calories to around 1500/day.

Then there's the fact that I'm fitting into clothes I haven't worn in several years, plus the 12 pound weight loss. Also, the first time the guy measured he said I didn't lose any body fat at all (NOTHING) and I just shook my head and quietly asked for a second opinion. When my trainer tested me last week I was down 4%. So no. I don't believe it. In fact, I reject it.

It should be enough that I look in the mirror and see a thinner me and it should be enough that I'm on the final notch of my belt and my pants are about ready to fall down. And I guess it is enough, but I really really would've liked to win something. It all just feels so anti-climactic.

By the way, I said in my second to last entry it'd been 4 1/2 weeks since my last drink, but I was mistaken. 5 1/2 weeks, baby. And I never want to do that again, in case you were wondering.

No comments: