Wednesday, May 30, 2007

the wrath of the calipers

Last day of the fat loss challenge = tomorrow. I find myself trying not to think about water. Also, food. The food is not as difficult though since I just ate my brown rice and Agra Peas and Greens (Tasty Bite) combo... then I ate a small slice of the Weight Watchers' cake I made for our out-of-town guest. Yes, purely for the guest. It just so happens the guest was unable to eat the entire 13x9 pan by himself, and so I was forced to eat a square. For science. Er, hospitality.

This also means on Friday I get to drink alcohol again. 4 1/2 weeks without a drop. I believe I will begin with a nice cold pint of Manny's. And then I will let the universe surprise me.

It is 85 degrees outside. I would like some more water, please. But what you don't know, is that I've already drank a gallon today and I should really stop and try to dry out before I get measured tomorrow. I want to be like a bodybuilder -- only without the diuretics and more cake -- so fierce.

Mmmm. Manny's.

I entered a challenge at photofriday.com. The topic was "futuristic." Here is my entry. You may recognize it as Disney Hall in Los Angeles. And one astute reader (George) may even recognize the person in the photo. (Hint: It's not George.) It's a photo I snapped on a work outing several years ago. Say that five times fast. Or just rewrite it, because that sentence sucks.

2 comments:

George said...

Ah! It surely isn't me! You should have warned us and said it was a NSFW photo--after all, that is someone no one should be at work with!

Folly Blaine said...

I almost posted the second photo in that series. It featured both the man and the grand leader herself waving feverishly at the camera. The overwhelming nostalgia nearly made my head assplode.